Why Work for A-Zone?
Well Drillers Assistant/General Laborer
Job Description: This position will involve operation and management of Geoprobe® drilling equipment. The position will also involve the collection of investigation samples for soil, sediment, groundwater, and water; and construction oversight for remedial projects. This activity requires strenuous manual physical labor to advance boreholes into the ground.
- Field activities at construction sites
- Operating and managing equipment, including: excavator, direct-push (Geoprobe) rigs, augering, sampling equipment, jackhammer and other construction equipment and/or motor vehicles.
- Soil, sediment and groundwater sampling
- Monitoring well installation and abandonment
- Remedial system operation, monitoring/sampling
- In situ injection work
- Well abandonment
- Construction oversight and supervision
- Working both as a team member and independently
- Ability to complete simple field reports and maintain various logs
- Position requires a significant amount of travel
- 1-3 years of prior drilling experience preferred
- Excellent driving record
- Maryland driller’s license or the ability to obtain
- 40-hour HAZWOPER or the ability to obtain (Training will be provided
for qualified entry-level candidates.)
- Ability to obtain annual 8-hour HAZWOPER course certificate
- Background check, reference check and drug screen will be conducted
- Participation in initial and annual medical monitoring program
- Ability to travel and work outdoors in extreme conditions
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds
Education & Experience: High School Diploma, GED, or vocational school. College or technical training courses in environmental science or a related field a plus.
Physical Requirements: Work is outdoors and may be performed under extreme weather conditions including hot and cold ambient temperatures.
Salary: This is a full-time, hourly position. Position requires extensive overnight travel throughout the United States. Pay rate is dependent on experience.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
To inquire about current job openings please fill out the form below:
Fields marked with * are required